The goodness of sprout mung is no secret. That's is why I try to serve this chilla in breakfast every week. It's both tasty n healthy.
- 1/2 cup Sprouted Mung daal
- 1/2 cup boiled rice
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 inch ginger
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- 1/4 cup water
- Grind all the ingredients(except oil) to make batter of consistency same as of a dosa batter. Add water little at a time, I used about 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat the tava. Once heated, lower the flame.
- Take a ladle full of the batter prepared above and spread it on the tava to make chilla.
- Apply some oil on the sides of chilla . After it starts drying at the edge, use a spatula to separate it from the tava surface.
- Once the chilla looks golden from the bottom surface, flip it to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney or any ketchup.
- I usually prepare this whenever I have little leftover rice.
- Add a spoon of rice flour to make them crispier.
- You can grind onions, garlic, coriander and tomato in the batter. If adding tomato, reduce the quantity of water.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on hot chilla before serving.
Hope you will enjoy this.
Till my next post,
Bye n keep Budding