Jai Mata Di!!
Navaratri is celebrated with lot of faith and devotion in my family. And as a tradition, we fast on the first and last day of this festival. Here is one of my most favorite vrat recipe.
- One and a half cup Sabudana
- 2 Boiled Potatoes
- 3 Green Chilies(finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon groundnut
- Sendha namak (Vrat Salt)
- Oil to fry
- Soak Sabudana in water for about 45 minutes
- Roast ground nuts and crush them coarsely.
- Drain the excess water from Sabudana.
- Add mashed potatoes, chilies, cumin seeds , crushed groundnuts, coriander and sendha namak and mash together to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Grease your palms with some oil and make small patties out of the mixture
- Proceed with either deep frying in hot oil or if you want to keep the oil minimum, you can also shallow fry on a tava.
- You can add a tablespoon of grated coconut. It brings a nice flavor to the recipe.
- If deep frying, make sure that the patties are tightly bonded so that they don't split up in hot oil.
Serve hot with curd or vrat chutney.
Till my next post,
Bye and keep budding..