I have googled and tried a lot of recipes for 'patta gobi ki sabzi' but this one is definitely the winner and guess where I got it.... from my loving mom-in-law!
- Cabbage - 250 gm ( medium sized) sliced finely
- 2 small potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 tomato finely cut
- 1 table spoon oil
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
- 1 tea spoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 green chilies or as per taste
- 1/2 tea spoon sabzi masala (optional)
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add turmeric powder coriander powder and green chilies. You can use red chilly powder instead of green chilies.
- Now add potatoes, cabbage and salt. Mix well. Cover the pan and let the vegetables cook for 6-7 minutes on slightly low flame.
- Now add chopped tomatoes. Mix and cover. Let the vegetables cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- By now, the vegetable s should be almost cooked. Add sabzi masala. Check the potatoes to make sure it is cooked, if not cover again and cook for some more time. Keep tossing the vegetables every 1-2 mins. Sprinkle some water if the mixture is getting too dry.
- Finally, uncover the vegetable and let excess moisture evaporate, if any.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with warm chapati or parathas.
- You can add carrot and peas to this recipe.
- This is a perfect rescue recipe for times when onion prices shoot sky high.
- You can skip sabzi masala, it will still taste awesome.