Methi Aloo ki Puri



Oh I love to experiment in kitchen...
n yes I know who suffers because of that (besides me :P)
But, what can I do... every time I enter my kitchen, I feel like I have some sort of obligation to the universe to do this.( :D )

The recipe I am sharing now is a result of my today's endeavor. Ah, Don't get alarmed dear... It has passed the 'hubby test'. So, rest assured, you can try it without any fear.

Okay, here is the recipe.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)

  • Methi (Fenugreek leaves): 1 1/2 cup
  • Potato: 2 small, boiled
  • Wheat flour: 1 cup
  • Gram flour (Besan): 2 heaped tablespoon
  • Semolina (Sooji): 2 heaped tablespoon
  • Green chilly : 4
  • Ajwain (Carom seeds): 3/4 tsp
  • Til(Sesame seeds): 3/4 tsp
  • Oil: 2 1/2 tablespoon
  •  Salt to taste
Method:
  • Wash and chop methi. Mash the potatoes.
  • In bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
  • Start kneading by adding a table spoon of water. Add water just a little at a time as methi will lose water as you knead the dough. I used less than half a cup of water. If it gets too sticky, adjust by adding more wheat flour.
  • Keep the dough aside for about 10 -15 minutes. In this time, semolina will soak water and dough will tighten.
  • Now knead again for some time. If dough is too tight, sprinkle some water before kneading.
  • Roll out puris as per your preferred size and thickness.
  • Heat oil in a wok. Drop a very small lump of dough in oil. If it rises to the surface immediately, the oil is ready to fry puris. 
  • Drop puris in oil carefully. Gently press the puris in oil to make them swell. Flip when the bottom looks golden brown. Cook the other side as well.  
  • Drain out and keep on paper towel to soak excess oil.
Tips:
  • You can add some ginger paste to dough. I usually decide it based on the gravy I serve with puris. 
Serve hot.

I would love to hear your suggestions to improve it.
I am sending this recipe to Cook with Seeds event currently hosted at Priya's Virundhu


Till my next post,
Bye n keep budding.

No comments:

Post a Comment