- 7-8 arvi (colocasia)
- 1 1/2 spoon coriander seeds (dhaniya)
- 3/4 spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 carom seeds (ajwain)
- 4 dry red chilies
- 1 1/2 table spoon oil
- 1/2 aamchor / dry mango powder
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Peel and wash arvi. Let it dry for some time. Then cut them like french fries.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and dry chilies separately. Then them coarsely.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add carom seeds and let them splutter. Then add arvi and salt. Mix it well. Cover the pan and let it cook in medium flame for about 10 mins. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Now add the crushed spices and aamchor. Mix well and cook uncovered for another 5 mins.
- By now arvi should be cooked. Cook for another few minutes if you want it crispier.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- I prefer using mustard oil in this recipe as it adds a nice flavor to it.
- This is a very hot and spicy sabzi, if you are trying it for first time I would suggest go easy on spices, you can add more later.
Do try it.
Bye and keep Budding.