It's becoming a family tradition for us to spend Friday nights having pizza with coke and movies, it's our way to welcome weekend. Thanks to our bachelor life and Domino's we just don't feel it's Friday unless there is Pizza. Have this just out of oven with melted cheese and your favorite toppings... (*I have to stop now else I'll start drooling*)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 spoon dry active yeast
- 1 spoon sugar
- 2 spoon olive oil
- 1 spoon Salt or as per taste
- 1 tomato (cut in cubes)
- 1/4 onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 spoon olive oil
- 1/2 spoon dry Basil
- 1/2 spoon oregano
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 spoon sugar
- 1/4 spoon salt or as per taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 spoon tomato ketchup
- dash of oregano
- Everything you like in your topping (I have used onion, capsicum, corn kernels, paneer cubes, jalapeno in this one)
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion. Add tomatoes as onions turn golden. Cook it for 3 minutes.
- Now take all the contents of the pan and make puree.
- Pour the puree back in the pan, add basil, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix it. and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Take 3/4 cup lukewarm water in a bowl. Dissolve 1 spoon sugar and yeast. Let it sit in a warm place for 10 - 15 minutes or till you see froth.
- Now mix the yeast water in all purpose flour. Add salt. Mix it to make a loose dough. Pour olive oil and knead again lightly. Cover it and keep in warm place for at-least 1 hour.
- By now the dough should have risen to almost double.
- Now generously dust the pizza tray with flour. Roll the dough to get desired base thickness. Brush some olive oil on the sides.
- Spread 1 table pizza sauce and 1 spoon tomato ketchup on the base. Add toppings. Sprinkle some oregano. Cover with cheese.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 395 degrees F for 25 minutes. Bake for another 1-2 minutes if cheese is not melted.
Enjoy it hot with chilled coke.
Bye and keep budding.