Dahi Vada

This post is very special to me, for the first time I will be sharing a contribution from the person who inspires me, who to me is the ideal homemaker... my momma... (*a big hand plz*)

So, here is her recipe for Dahi Vada which never failed in winning appreciation from our guests.(* n I am saying that with over 25 years of exp. *)

Ingredients:
For Vada:
  • 1 cup Urad daal 
  • 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tbsp black pepper
  • Pinch of asafoetida
  • Salt as per taste
For dressing:
  • 2 cup curd
  • 4 table spoon imli chutney (recipe here)
  • 2 table spoon green chutney (recipe here)
  • 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
  • 1/2 tbsp red chilly powder
  • 1/2 chaat masala
  • Salt as per taste
Method:
  • Wash urad daal properly. Soak for at-least 3 hrs.
  •  Grind daal with cumin seeds,black pepper, asafeotida and salt. While adding salt please notice that we will be adding salt in dressing as well.
  • Heat oil in a pan. Deep dry vadas.
  • Soak vadas in luke warm water for few minutes.
  • Take vadas between your palms and press gently to squeeze out water. 
  • In a bowl/plate arrange vadas. 
  • Whisk curd thoroughly. Make sure that the curd is not sour. You may add a little salt at this stage. If the curd is slightly sour, you can add sugar as well.
  • Pour curd on vadas enough to cover all the vadas.
  • Pour imli chutney and green chutney as well.
  • Sprinkle cumin powder, red chilly powder and chaat masala.
Tips:
  • I love to have the vadas with any chutney/ketchup. I am sure you will like them too.
  • Use thick curd. If it is not thick, hang in a muslin cloth for some time to drain out water.
Your Dahi vada plate is ready to relish.
Hope you will like it.

Till my next post,
Bye n keep budding.

No comments:

Post a Comment