Chilly Rings

I started this blog because of my growing interest in honing my culinary skills. It's just over a month old and already the equation is changing. It's hard to tell whether I am sharing more recipes because I am learning more or learning more recipes to share more. But, either ways, I am loving it. I am sure my bloggie friends feel the same for their blogs.


The recipe I am sharing today is 'Chilly Rings'. Don;t worry, they are made of banana chilies, won't be too hot for your taste. It takes hardly 10 minutes to prepare them. They can be served as starters or tea time snack.

Ingredients: (Serves 1)
  • Banana chilly : 1
  • Ginger Garlic Paste: 1/2 tsp
  • Corn starch: 1 tbsp
  • All purpose flour (maida): 1tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil to deep fry
Method:
  • Cut 1/2 centimeter thick rings out of the banana chilly. Remove the seeds and the white thingy inside chilly.
  • Marinate the rings in ginger garlic paste and salt for 5 minutes.
  • Meanwhile you can start heating oil in a pan for deep frying.
  • In a bowl make a thick paste of corn starch, all purpose flour and just a pinch of salt using about two and half tbsp water. Mix well. There should not be any lumps.
  • Drop a little paste prepared above in oil, if it rises to surface, oil is ready for frying.
  • Take a ring and dip it in the paste. Flip and make sure that all the sides are coated with the paste prepared. Drop the ring in oil. Continue with other rings.   
  • Fry till they turn light brow. Flip and cook the other side too.
  • Drain on tissue to soak excess oil.
Serve hot with ketchup/ green chutney/ tamarind chutney.

Do try it.
Till my next post,
Bye n keep budding.


No comments:

Post a Comment