So here is how I like to make it...
- 1 bunch of spinach (palak)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 green chilies
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 table spoon whipped cream
- 200 gm paneer cut into cubes
- 1/2 tea spoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon oil/ghee/butter
- Salt to taste
- In a blender add spinach, green chilies, ginger and blend to make puree.
- Heat oil/ghee/butter in a pan. When oil is heated, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add onion and cook till is golden brown.
- Now add the puree and let it simmer for 7-8 mins.
- Add garam masala, salt and paneer cubes. Mix well and cover the pan.
- After a 1-2 minutes the paneer cubes should absorb moisture and be soft.
- Turn off the flame and add cream. Stir it and leave it cover for sometime.
- If you have frozen paneer, keep it in boiling water for few minutes, drain and then use.
- You can use whole milk (unskimmed) instead of cream.