Here I am with my first recipe the 'veggie burger'. It's a simple and quick recipe that can be prepared anytime and you don't have to be a kitchen expert . (Perfect for all the husbands out there who want to give a delightful surprise to their queens ;) )
- 1 medium sized boiled potato
- 1/2 capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 inch carrot stick (finely chopped or coarsely grated)
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 table spoon rice flour
- 1/2 tea spoon chaat masala
- 1 green chilly fined chopped/ red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 burger buns
- 1 table spoon butter
- 1 table spoon oil
- Tomato slices
- Onion slices
- Cucumber slices
- Cheese slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Ranch dressing/mayonnaise to taste
- Tomato ketchup to taste
- Mash potato in a bowl. Add capsicum, carrot, corn, rice flour, chat masala, salt, green/red chilly and mix to make a patties mixture.
- Make patties from the mixture. The measurements given should prepare 4-5 patties. Apply some oil to your palms before making the patties as the mixture may stick.
- Heat a tawa/griddle and roast the patties on both sides till done. You can skip oil at this step if you used in previous step.
- Lightly butter the inner sides of half cut bun pieces and toast them slightly. You can skip this step or dry toast.
- Now apply tomato ketchup on the lower half of the bun. Place a lettuce leaf, onion slice, tomato slice,cucumber slice, cheese slice and a patty. Spread some ranch dressing/ mayonnaise on it. Finally, place the upper half of the bun. Your burger is ready to be relished.
- To make it more healthy you can use whole wheat buns/ multigrain buns.
I am submitting this recipe to the event hosted @ Savi- Ruchi .
Do try it and share your suggestions/comments.